Monday, July 23, 2007

Non-Linear PowerPoint

I think there are endless uses for PowerPoint in the classroom. I happen to really like using it as a presentation tool when I am introducing an application in my computer lab. I think the format of Jeopardy etc. is a very effectively tool to use with a class. The students get very excited when you use these types of tools. In the past the teachers I have worked with have used premade PowerPoints they found on the Internet for subjects such as the Metric System and the Revolutionary war. The only problem that arises is that the students and teachers want to keep playing when the class ends! It is a very effective tool to be used with the Smart Board. The game show format really appeals to the students because that is what excites them, not boring lectures.

No comments: